Wednesday 16 September 2015

New Website, Blood-curdling Tales and Violin Makers...

Yes, I know, it's been ages...


It's been a long time since I posted something on this blog and it's really been bugging me. But, alas, there's only one of me and they don't provide personal cloning services - well not just yet, anyway...

So, I just thought I'd give you all a brief update on what's been going down in Bastianlandia.

Over the last year, I've been very busy working with some interesting, new clients and we've also been updating our website, which is almost finished and ready to be translated into beautiful Italian. 

For those of you who are wondering what happened to Art in Rure: it was difficult to get things going as planned, but I still managed to organise a couple of art exhibitions in some great venues, including John Lewis Solihull and Specsavers

Although I'm still heavily interested in the arts, I've decided to put the project on the back burner for now. This doesn't mean it's gone forever, it just means that I've decided to focus on other areas of the business instead, like our PR, marketing, copywriting and translation services. 

That said, if any local shops or businesses are interested in holding an exhibition or event on their premises, please do get in touch. You will not only be supporting a varied and vibrant Solihull art community, but you'll also have an opportunity to get a lot of free publicity and potentially attract some new clients as well.


Earlier this year, we worked on a wonderful website and video translation project (see above) for Nicola Monzino, an Italian violin maker. The content has a really personal and humble tone and was a real pleasure to work on.

Spooky story coming soon!

I also had the fantastic news that the English version of Alberto Buchi's fantasy-horror book that I translated last year, is already at the final editing stage, so his macabre tale will soon be lying on bedside tables worldwide. I don't have a definite date yet - there's rumours that it will be on the 1st of November 2015 - but I'll be posting more updates when it comes out.

Well, the sand timer's run out for now, but I'll be back shortly with more news on what I've been up to during this lengthy blog silence...







No comments:

Post a Comment